Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've Been Thinking.....

Hi Friends,
     You know when Mom Cindy takes me for a walk, I have lots and lots of time to think and ponder things. This week, I've been pondering the Easter Bunny. Last weekend there was all this hoopla over a bunny that sneaks into your house at night and leaves colored eggs in a basket. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Then I thought about another holiday...Thanksgiving and it has a turkey (although it gets eaten :( . So why isn't there a holiday where dogs are special?
     Here's what I've come up with...dogs will take the Fourth of July! You know it is already the "dog days of summer" and people seem to like "hot" dogs, which I'll be in July, so I say dogs of the world unite. On the eve of the Fourth of July, we will sneak around the neighborhood in the dark and leave flags in everyone's yards. We are already checking out all those yards anyway, so it will be perfect!
     I want to tell you that these are all my ideas. Tully doesn't seem to think about much when she's walking around the neighborhood, except about finishing the walk and going back to sleep. I've told you before I'm the Big Boy in the house!
     Special thanks to all of you who have been contributing to our fundraising!!! We are at 10%...hooray for us. Lots of you have been asking me about our walking...well, Mom Cindy and I (sometimes Dad Tony and Tully) have walked 227.85 miles in March. We are on track to do our part, we just need help with the fundraising.
   Sending BIG doggie kisses and love, Landis

P.S. You can click donate on the left and make a donation to the Lupus Foundation of America in our honor!!!!

No comments: