Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rainy Days and Sun Days


"The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." ~Ambrose Bierce


Hi Friends,

Today was another great day. Today it rained off and on all day. Why do I think that is so great? Because Mom Cindy could only take me on short little walks, then I got to come home and cool off before she drug me around the neighborhood again. Yes, scattered showers has just become my favorite phrase!

Mom Cindy had some doctor's appointments today...that is one of the things about her lupus...they always have to check to make sure her medications aren't making her sick. That seems kind of crazy to me...I thought medicine made you well. She just keeps saying she wished there was some medicine that didn't have so many side effects. She's hopeful that will happen soon. Apparently, that is why she's dragging me around the neighborhood!

I had a thought today...yes, only one....I thought you might like to know how I got my name. Well, I'm named for the big green in the middle of the Florida State University campus. You see Dad Tony, Mom Cindy and my human sisters, Carolyn and Julianne all went to FSU. Landis is the name they could all agree on. I also thought you might like to see my puppy picture, so I included it today, as well.
Hope you had a great day, too. Doggie kisses, Landi
22.16 miles down, 893.84 to go!
$1725.00 raised, $7435.00 to go!

No comments: